Time to get Federal

What is it with Julia Gillard? I hear lack of respect to women but see a woman who is desperate to keep power and shows no respect herself. Here’s a tip – respect is earnt, not just a given. My prediction at the Federal Election is that Julia Gillard will...

Just because I feel like it …

At our last meeting it was pointed out that Council flatly refuse to remove the obsolete temporary levee bank in Riverside Park. Now to give a bit of history. During the flood crisis of 2011, a temporary levee bank was installed in Riverside Park, north of the Caravan...

So here we are in April…

Well it’s been a while since I last posted. Now that could be because not a lot has been happening or too much has and I haven’t had the time. The truth is a bit of both. Not a lot has been happening in town except some silly motions by a particular...

So how did the Mayor vote

The motion was moved by Councillor Norton. It was seconded by Councillor Adamson. Councillor Katis asked a series of questions as did Councillor Cruikshank. Put to the vote we had 2 against the motion and 2 for. The Mayor predictably voted for the motion.

Here we go again

So on the agenda tonight is the bridge yet again. This contentious issue is getting way too much publicity. The two newly elected Councillors have had to excuse themselves due to a conflict of interest. So what will be the outcome? As it stands we have 2 for 9A and 2...

New meeting venue

2013 sees the Association changing meeting venues. We are moving from the Community Comfort Station to the Swan Hill Club. All members of the community are invited to attend. Start time is the same at 7:30pm and the date is the first Tuesday of the month (except...